Page
of 6

Lore Discussion Ryssius' Question and Answer Thread - Replies from Charles Boyd

54 replies
Votes:
+216
Level 6
LEVEL 6
In my free time I like to poke Charles Boyd, the creative director of Star Wars The Old Republic, about various topics including lore-related subjects. Most of the time I have my own thoughts already formed around the subject lore-wise, like we all do most certainly, but nonetheless I like to pose the questions to get more definitive answers rather than have to stick to player speculation.

That is the reason why I have made this thread! Here I hope to post an ever-growing list of questions and answers I have received from the loremaster Charles Boyd himself! While I have many questions myself, please do not hesitate to PM me with questions of your own you would like to see asked and answered, or if you have a Twitter account don't hesitate to message Mr. Boyd yourself and post the replies here!

- Regarding Kalikori Village on Tython (credits for the question go to Psychopithicus)
Posted May 14, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 29, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+216
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Update: Added a new question and answer regarding the state of the Jedi Order.
Posted May 14, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+601
Level 8
LEVEL 8
Much obliged, sir. We'll keep hanging on, yes we will...
Yes, that Alen. And his story. Comments here!

Current Project Leader of the Open Path project, and Keeper of the New Holstice Sanctuary!

Also my thoughts on Jedi and Chinese philosophy.
Posted May 14, 18 · Last edited May 19, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+285
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Those were some great answers Ryss, thanks!

bN3clPi.png
Posted May 14, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+140
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Thank you very much for acquiring these. Most insightful :) Looking forward to what is to come now.
86faacd9e2065ff0.png
Posted May 14, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+216
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Update: When asked about a "Sith/Imperial Inquisition" within the Empire, Mr. Boyd gives his views on the matter! Feel free to also have a look at Mr. Boyd's replies on Twitter!
Posted May 15, 18 · OP · Last edited May 15, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+216
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Update: Just got an extra reply from Mr. Boyd about the possibility of an existence of a Sith/Imperial Inquisition, added it as part 2 of the original question!
Posted May 15, 18 · OP · Last edited May 15, 18
Votes:
+216
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Another update: By request of YA BOI CatharMando I have asked Mr. Boyd about the current state of the Mandalorians.
Posted May 15, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+601
Level 8
LEVEL 8
This is such a simple idea for clearing up confusion, you're a genius for doing it.
Posted May 15, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+41
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Oh hey, Dark Council apparently confirmed to still exist, sweet!
Posted May 15, 18 · Last edited May 15, 18
List
Undo
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices