Main Forum

Front Page Articles - What do YOU want to see?

7 replies
Lae
Votes:
+51
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Hi folks!

Friendly neighbourhood editor here.

Just a quick question to all of you. Is there specific topic, or series of articles you'd like to see written? Perhaps more deep research/thought-provoking articles, RP suggestions or ideas, humour?

Cheers
Lae
Posted Sep 17, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
How about the notion of allowing character death and how stakes/consequences can enrich roleplay.
8166a85fab5ffa0c.png
Posted Sep 19, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+229
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Online on Site
I'm very happy with the articles you all post.

Some, create immersion and allow people to notice plots that may be going on around them and they're oblivious to them (Golden Beetle - Mystic Mog's for exampel)

Others, are a nice tribute to the powerbase - Qog'z player spotlights!

The various roleplay articles are helpful for someone new to it all, or someone interested in reading more and discussing so these are always a plus.

Now, if there is something I -think- I'd personally like to see, is a "monthly plot presentation" of sorts, where any guilds or groups of players (unguilded or mix guilds) have an ongoing plot that would welcome outsiders in it coordinate with someone on your team to present a "monthly campaign update" for these plots.

That's all from me :)
Kraethas Nova
Crimson Falcon Courier Service
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you like my writing style, check out the following guides:
Drinks | Tramp Freighter Trading | The Galactic Spaceport | Space travel and regulations
Posted Sep 20, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+89
Level 4
LEVEL 4
I love Krae's idea. Anything that helps provide RP hooks and brings more people together to RP is awesome in my book.

I'd also like to see more articles with tips for running events, especially ones that involve DMing. It would be great to see how some people DM their events, what rules systems they use (if any), how they keep things flowing, how they plot out and so on.

And more IC articles would be awesome! Anything that can be used in RP or draws attention to RP already going on.
4066317.jpg
Rennae Stormlighter - CFCS Chief of Security, Sleepless on Shaddaa, Diehard Pessimist
Aeve Stormlighter - Blaster-for-Hire, Booze Enthusiast, Not-a-Mando
Posted Sep 20, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+45
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Spotlight to larger public RP or events would be fun if it got more on the radar for those not participating or aware of it.
Posted Sep 20, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+102
Level 5
LEVEL 5
First of all, I love the articles done so far. I've read many and they entertain me every time. So thank you. :) My thoughts are maybe something on the Lore created by some of the players that we have. Maybe - short stories? Presented as myths or legends? Perhaps then players can use them in RP to spark new plots, and people get an IC snippet of the RP and characters around? :d Keep up the good work!
86faacd9e2065ff0.png
Posted Sep 20, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+85
Level 4
LEVEL 4
I am with Kirbus on this one. Showing off what guilds, groups and characters were up to, and their stories, especially those who could send ripples as rumors, would be great idea.
11.jpg
enjin-574714-shankstpc-gray.png
Posted Sep 20, 18
List
Undo
Lae
Votes:
+51
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Lovely ideas, everyone. I think I've taken something from every post so far as an article focus. So well done on that. Already enough to keep us all busy. Keep contributing further with your ideas!
Posted Sep 21, 18 · OP
List
Undo
NoticeNotices